About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

A journey of 1000 steps begins with 1. Welcome to step 1.

This is the tale of a journey.  A journey of obedience, of daily dying to self.  Whoa that does not sound like fun.  Just being real.  I will officially begin this journey on August 1, 2014 but for the next few days, I am  in the prep stage.  Planning, making lists and praying.  After a few months of running from the nudges of the Holy Spirit, and years of running from myself, I have come to a place of surrender.  I've said that before but something about this is different.

Part of what's different is that I am involving other people.  Not just one or two but a group - a team as it were - who have committed to stick with me on this journey, pray for me and hold me accountable for the choices I make.  Another difference is that I believe I am supposed to make this journey public at some point.  This is no longer a journey just for me.  It is a journey that is supposed to change me on its way to changing someone else.  I am sure God will tell me the next step, but for now, starting this blog is the first one.  It will give my "team" a place to view my progress at their leisure and when God says so a place for me to point people when they ask about the changes they will see in me.  I say that by faith because right now it seems far away.

So there you have it.  This blog will morph over the next 30 days and then some, but I promised myself I would get something out on this day before I change my  mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment