About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Before

Okay, so I have dieted and been on weight loss "journeys" before but I don't think I have ever posted a "before and after" picture.  I guess I didn't have enough faith in myself to think I'd look any different at the end of it.  I am posting one this time because I choose to have enough faith in God to think I will be different at the end of this 30 days inside and out.

By the way, it's 5 days until August 1st.  5 days until I start this new adventure.  I decided I want to lay down my soft drink habit tomorrow.  I don't need the caffeine, or the acid in the soda.  It may take a couple days to even out chemically, but I also didn't want to go cold turkey on Friday when I start this other phase.  So you can pray about that!  I was grateful for the encouragement I got from Pam this morning.  She is going to do this thing with me.  She asked me what I most wanted prayer for and I told her that the one thing I'm really concerned about is the prep time it takes to keep this all going.  I know my schedule and I think I will really need to cook my food ahead of time and have it ready to grab out of the fridge.  I've been studying the blog Pam told me about (theclothesmakethegirl) and that's what she does.  She has a prep/cook day and makes all her stuff ahead so that all she has to do is grab a container or maybe sauté some pre cooked meat with pre steamed veggies for a fast dinner.

God keeps opening doors for me to talk about this with people.  Mostly one on one, but I'm being obedient.  It's not easy knowing, "oh great... they know now."  Pam reminded me that God has chosen me for this time for this purpose.  It still feels so big.  Grateful I am that God is bigger.

Okay, so pray for an obedient transition to the soda free world this week.  Here's my before picture.  I chose this one because it shows my current size but I don't think it's a horrible picture of me and because it also shows my beautiful daughter who is 19 today and with whom I want to spend many many more years with.  I pray this journey will benefit her and the menfolk in our family as well as benefits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment