About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Prep/day 1

I started out this day in Haggai 2.  Verse 4 really rang my bell to get this adventure started.

"Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, declares the Lord.  Be strong, O Joshua, son of Jehozadak, the high priest.  Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the Lord. Work, for I am with you, declares the Lord of hosts,"

How's that for a beginning? He's not telling me it's gonna be easy, but he is promising to be with me while I work. And today I worked! I walked with Toni, I spent the afternoon washing, cutting, sautéing and pre-cooking for the next however many days.  I cooked dinner for my family in there too somewhere.  Here is what day one looked like food wise.  I won't "report" every day, but if I come across a good recipe, I will share;-) Just wanted to let you know how the first day went. Pretty good day I think, I attribute a lot of that to your prayers.  Thank You!

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs

Lunch - spinach salad w/lots of veggies, 1/2 avocado & homemade oil & vinegar dressing
tuna ( white, packed in olive oil)

Dinner - Baked chicken with "All American Spice Rub" ( found it at Fresh Market), sweet potatoes (roasted in coconut oil and a little sea salt), tomato wedges/sliced cucumber/the other half of the avocado from lunch.

Lots and lots of water!

And now here's a Nate story to make you giggle.

Nate: "Mom I don't think you need to diet. You are perfect just the way you are."
Me: "Well, honey, this isn't really a diet.  It's just eating a lot healthier so I can be with you a lot longer.  I think this is what God wants me to do so I can honor Him with my body."
Nate:" But you're the most Christ following woman I know!  You sing, you do counseling, and I love it when you smile because your cheeks are red and it reminds me of Santa Claus' wife!"

Wow. Just wow. Good thing he's cute.

Onward and upward to day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment