About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day 21

They say it takes 21 days to change a habit.  Hmmm, let's see. 21 days without sugar, bread, dairy, soy or peanuts. 24 days without caffeine or soda of any kind.  I wish I could say I don't miss any of those things, but I cannot.  What I can say is that now I know I don't "need" those things in order to have my hunger satisfied or some emotional need fulfilled.  And actually even if I reintroduce some of those things in my regular diet at the end of the 30 days, it won't be like it was.  It can't be. That would be tragic on many levels.

I don't want to go back to feeling like I've been hit by a train every day of my life.  I don't want to go back to not being able to be fully awake until after I've loaded up on caffeine and carbs.  I like the peaceful feeling I have when I eat healthy because I know I am doing something for myself, my family, and my Jesus.

People are starting to notice my weight loss and there have been a few times when I've had a little panic moment of , "Danger, Will Robinson....time to cut bait and run before you blow this thing in front of everyone!"  Thankfully, God has been with me in those moments.  Reminding me of the truth of why I took this journey to begin with.  He is so good at filling up the empty places.

I was just thinking a moment ago that I think this will really sink in as a lifestyle change for me once the 30 days are over and I am still choosing to make the good choices. I look forward to that day, but I am also a little apprehensive.  I have to trust scripture.  I have to believe that He who began this work in me will complete it. (Phil. 1:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment