About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 11

Today was a crazy Monday.  9-11:30 orientation for Middle School with boy child, then 12-3 orientation for High School with man child.  Then grocery store, home to cook supper, then collapse.

Things I did right today:  I packed a lunchbox with healthy snacks.  Cherry tomatoes, carrots, grapes, almonds, my big water bottle.  We actually got out of the first orientation a little early so I was able to   get a baked potato with clarified butter in me at home before I went to part 2. Thank You Lord for microwaves.

Side note: Cherry tomatoes when you're really hungry taste sweet like candy.  I love the way they almost crunch and pop in your mouth.  Can't believe I just said that.

Things I did wrong today: I did not pack enough protein and I did not drink enough water so I was crazy hungry before dinner. I had a handful of grapes while I made dinner then drank some water and waited for everything to be ready.  I made homemade spaghetti sauce with Whole 30 ingredients and spaghetti squash and it was soooo good! I really was craving cheese and some garlic bread, but I stuck with the squash and sauce.  I could've eaten a ton of that good stuff, but I only had one good sized serving (since it was my whole meal).

Tomorrow I need to boil some more eggs so I'll have quick protein to go.  Don't wanna get caught in that hunger to the point of craving bad stuff place again.  As my friend Wade would say, that's "no bueno!"


God is being so gracious.  In my times of craving today, He reminded me of His word.  The lunch box I took today has this written inside the lid - "You are an overcomer!"  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13.  it helps to have scripture handy when I'm feeling weak.

Now it's 10pm and I'm outa gas, so happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment