About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 4

Today was a good day.  I was at home for most of it and I loved that.  I ate well today and even experimented with some recipes.  I made clarified butter and thoroughly enjoyed it on my potato at dinner.  I also made deviled eggs with avocado and lime juice.  It was okay, but I think there was too much lime for my taste and it made the filling a little too tart.  I may fool around with the recipe at some point and try some different combinations, but for now I'll eat them and make a face while I do it;-) The original recipe I used called for hot sauce and I didn't have any, so maybe that would've taken the bite out of the lime.

I am reading through the book of Genesis right now and realizing how much it talks about food.

At creation, God tells Adam that he can eat plants and things that produce seed.

Gen. 1:29 And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. "

 Let all my Vegetarian/Vegan brothers and sisters rejoice!

 Adam and Eve - well that's a no brainer - although if I were gonna be tempted by a food tree, it would've been something chocolate.  Candy tree? Why not? It WAS "Paradise" after all!  

Thankfully for those of us who are carnivores, we get a nod after the flood.

Gen. 9:3  Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And just as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Meat eaters, can I get a witness?  Haaaay!

So at this point, it seems God doesn't have a beef with food itself (pardon the pun).  He is more concerned with our obedience, our trust, our willingness to give to Him what is most valuable to us.
It's a lot to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment