About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 5

So today was staff lunch (we have that once a month right before staff meeting.  Alex brings the food and the staff works in teams to help him each time).  I went in the kitchen and there was nothing I could have, but I had packed my lunch with that possibility in mind so I was good.  So was my lunch;0)  I ate with some of the girls and no one even asked why mine was different.  They were a little skeptical about the sunshine sauce though;0)  I'm still deciding if I like it or not.  Maybe if I cook with it.  It did give a little variety to the chicken which was nice.

I still miss soda, but I am seeing the effect water is having on my body.  It's all good stuff but I am in the bathroom a lot more than I used to be! LOL

I am grateful for the prayers I know are being prayed for me.  I can feel them and I love you all for it.
I am so grateful for the word of God and how He is using it to strengthen me, teach me and love me.
A friend encouraged me with these words yesterday.

"If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over (master) it.” (Genesis 4:7 NIV) 


God was talking to Cain.  Abel, his brother had brought a sacrifice to God -one of his finest lambs.  Cain had also brought an offering.  Scripture says he brought "some of his crops."  That doesn't sound quite as stellar does it?  Not because they were veggies and not meat, but because they were "just some of the harvest" and not the very best of what he had grown.  Cain didn't do his best.  God warned him that if he didn't do the right thing that sin would be right there to point him in the wrong direction.  Boy was it.  Cain killed his brother out of jealousy and changed his future forever. God takes disobedience seriously.


How does that apply to me?


If I am halfway doing something, or only doing it when I feel like it, or giving God my leftovers or what I can spare.....the enemy is all too ready to slide right in there with a "that's good enough."  Problem is that for years, I have given partial offerings and sin has indeed been crouching at my door to influence my choices.  I would start a new eating plan only to give up when it got hard or when I saw something I wanted more.  That's sad and it's sin.


I need to give till it hurts.  To, as Paul says in 1 Corinthians 9:27, "discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."  


Ouch.  Jesus, help me to always give my best offering according to what you have asked of me.  Help me find strength in obedience and joy in this journey.  It's hard - but I trust You to do it in me.



2 comments: