About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

day 10

It's Sunday evening and I am sitting in a quiet basement thinking over the events of the day.  The sermon this morning was "The goodness of God."  It's not hard to look at my life and see God's goodness in it - even in the hardest of times.  So today, my blog entry will be an exercise in gratefulness.  I hope it inspires you to be grateful for all the blessings in your life.

Today, I am grateful for:

My relationship with Jesus -the greatest blessing of all.

The Word of God.  It has been a source of comfort, strength, discipline and encouragement throughout my lifetime.  Its words are not always easy, but always true.

My husband of 24 years.  God was good to give me a man who loves me unconditionally and who is my best friend.

My 3 children.  Having them in my life has shown me how much God really does love me and what it looks like to be a child of His.

My faith family at Blue Ridge Community Church.  God has used them to love me, support me, lead me and do life with me and my family.  So beyond grateful.

I could go on all night, but I will only add one more:

God has been good to me by showing me how I needed to change my mind, my heart and my body for Him.  He lovingly disciplined me through His word and I was able to see where I had been giving God all my life--except this part.  How good He is to show my fault and my need and then be the answer to both.  I am learning so much about myself and about God's love for me through this experience. There have been some hard moments in the last 10 days, but God has walked with me through every one of them.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment