About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 29

We are at day 29.  Today was payday and grocery day, so I went and stocked up on what we needed.  As I walked the aisles, I thought, "I'll be able to eat that (insert something dairy, soy, bread, sweet) after tomorrow."  Funny thing is, even with most of the restrictions coming to an end, I bought way more healthy food than I would have before.  Mostly fresh fruits and vegetables and lean meats.  Fridays are usually "fun food" nights so I made hamburgers and hotdogs before everyone went their separate ways for the evening (it is Friday after all).  The kids enjoyed theirs on buns with cheese and stuff.  My burger was minus the bun and cheese, but had yummy garden fresh tomato slices from a friend's garden, homemade ketchup, a little mustard and wrapped up nicely in a couple of romaine leaves.  It was yummy.  Next time I might add a slice or two of avocado as well.

It was Middle school night at Funquest so I took Nate there while Tracy took Ben to a high school band meeting and Anna hung out at home after her dance classes.  While I was at Funquest I found a relatively quiet corner in the snack bar area and sat down to read a magazine when a lady I have known since Nate was in preschool with her daughter came and sat down across from me.  Thrilled to  have found one of the few quiet corners in the building, we struck up a conversation and I was able to share with her about Whole30 and a little of my journey with God.  She said she was really encouraged by it and wrote down the websites.  She is doing something similar, but wanted to find some new recipes.  I find that I really enjoy talking about this journey now.  It still strikes a fearful chord when I think about the next phase, but I really believe God is in control of it all -- I just need to be obedient and relentless.

I made mayo and Ranch salad dressing after I got home, and took out the chicken I had placed in the crockpot.  I had found a recipe for rotisserie chicken in the crockpot so I tried it.  I tried a piece and it was really good. Looking forward to that tomorrow in my salads and such.  Now, I'm just simmering the broth in the crock pot overnight so I can put up some homemade chicken broth for soup and stuff later. I was going to make ketchup and  bbq sauce tonight but my energy has left the building so I'm done for the night and ready for my bed.  Ketchup will happen another day;0)


No comments:

Post a Comment