About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Today is shopping day.  I am armed with my list and a big water bottle.  I have been reading, researching, planning etc.  Now I put my money where my mouth is....literally.  I admit I feel a little nervous about this process - not as much about the cost although it is on my mind - but about being able to make the best choices while also shopping for my family.  Some of this plan they will do with me and won't even know they're doing it.  I just need to trust God to help me today and not go overboard either way.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

*******************************************************************************
Well, today didn't go as planned, but I got all the shopping done with the exception of a few specialty items that I may need to go the health food store for.  After Fresh Market and Kroger this morning, lunch with my man and the boy child then shopping for the family at Sam's, picking girl child up from dance camp, then to work for a meeting and then praise team practice....I made it to Walmart around 8:30pm to finish my shopping.  It is now 10:52pm and I am baking cookies.  That's right.  I volunteered to bring cookies for the band camp concessions tomorrow so I knew it would not be smart for me to make them in the morning when I would be trying to start this thing.  One more batch and I'm done.  Heck, let's be honest...my body's already done.  I'm just waiting for the cookies.

Tomorrow I will take man child to band camp, then go walk with my friend Toni - who I affectionately call Vanilla Bean because she is whiter than I am (only on the inside).  She calls me Cocoa Crispy because she says I'm not white chocolate...I am all the way burnt.  Ha ha.    I still don't know yet if she is going to do Whole30 with me but even if she doesn't, my resolve is the same.  I really feel this is what God is asking me to do.  Counting calories still allows me to have food that gets me in trouble.  Points for Weight Watchers the same.  Not all calories or points are created equal.  Some day I might be able to have some of the no no foods in moderation, but at least for the next 30 days I need to scale it way back and sort of shock my body into obedience mode.  Yippee.  

I have a new water bottle (Thanks Pam!) and lots of new food in the kitchen.  After I come home from walking I plan to do my food prep for the next few days.  I will need to have things ready to go before weekend services at Blue Ridge.  While I was baking, I boiled some eggs to have handy for a quick breakfast or some protein to go with a lunch salad or whatever.  I also bought some tuna so that may be my go to protein for lunch tomorrow with my salad until I get all my ducks in a row.
I'll keep you posted.  Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement so far.  I can feel it in my bones that I am not alone in this thing.  That means more than you know.



2 comments: