About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 12

Today was a hard day. After running like a mad woman yesterday from school to school and not properly fueling myself, I was feeling it today.  Thankfully, Pam texted me at just the right time asking how I was doing and i was honest with her about just being done in tired.  She promised to pray for me and a few minutes later, my boss emailed saying our 12:30 staff meeting was cancelled today.  I thought about it for half a second and decided to work from home today.  I actually took a nap after lunch and felt so much better when I woke up.

I am learning to listen to my body.  Before, when I got tired, I ate sugar.  I drank caffeine. I went through a drive through. For the last 12 days, when I get tired, I .....wait for it....rest.  What a concept.
Remember Isaiah 30:15? "In repentance and rest is your salvation..."  I believe the repentance part is happening everyday as I make different choices from my previous lifestyle.  Now that all the junk is leaving my system, I need to really listen to my body telling me what it needs on a daily basis.  I believe it is God speaking to me all day long and giving me wisdom that is only from Him.

I had a chat with one of my friends on Sunday and discovered he had done Whole30 himself several months ago.  It was good to pick his brain and get some good feedback from him on how he is doing now.  He still eats very healthy - in balance- and also gets to have treats occasionally.  What was an eye opener for me - although I suspected it might be so- is that he said once his month of Whole30 was over, his body didn't want to go back to the old food he had consumed.  He tried some of those things, but they actually made him sick.  While the thought of possibly never being able to have cheese again made me go into a weird kind of mourning, the thought that my body might actually be done with daily junk food was exciting.  Talking to him was very encouraging.

Tonight, I had a "catch up" date with a friend and shared with her about my new journey.  She is also on a journey (different from mine) and it was good to swap stories and see what God is doing in both of us. It is getting easier to explain where I'm at and sharing the scriptures that got me to this point is just reinforcing what God is teaching me.  And now, to bed. My body is telling me this day is done.

1 comment:

  1. You were on my mind ALL day yesterday! Praying for you!! Keep going! xoxo

    ReplyDelete