About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

beyond the boundaries

Today was my first day of "life after Whole30".  I stressed so much about how to add things back in, I decided to "not decide."  When I spoke to Pam at church later, she had decided the same thing.  Love that!  I woke up this morning and just chose to let the day go as it went.  I had bacon for breakfast (nitrate free of course) and then I decided to have a brownie I had put away for myself after making them for the kids last night (don't you dare judge me).  I think I just wanted to get the first food experience over with.  I expected this to be the best brownie in the history of brownies after not having sweets for the last month....and I do love me some brownies....but you know what?  It was okay, but it wasn't as sweet as I expected and there was no little chocolate flavor explosion in my mouth.  I walked away from that saying to myself, "Self, okay, now you've done it.  The first one is over and it did not live up to the hype.  Let it go and go on with your day."

I went to church but didn't partake in the pizza they were having for lunch, I just hung out with my friends and worshipped and answered questions because people have been reading the blog now that I put it on Facebook.  It's hard knowing that the whole Facebook world knows and is watching, but that's okay too.  If my experience can help someone else get closer to Jesus and get closer to better health it's totally worth a little exposure on my part.  Can't believe I'm saying that.  Oddly enough, the message today was about making good choices.  Thanks God...You knew I'd need that today.

Made some yummy chicken salad for lunch and ate it on romaine leaves.  My "add in" was craisins and a hand full of walnuts (which aren't that bad, but I hadn't had any for 30 days so it feels like a treat).  It was so good I had more for dinner;0)  Then it was a peach with some cinnamon sprinkled on it and warmed in the microwave for dessert and I was good for the day.  All in all, not a bad first day beyond the boundaries.

So here's the chicken salad recipe and why it's good for you...

Shredded rotisserie chicken that I'd made yesterday in the crockpot (recipe is online all over the place) - protein source
paleo mayonnaise (theclothesmakethegirl) - healthy fat in the olive oil mayo and more protein
shredded carrots - veggies...
chopped red peppers - more veggies
onion powder (I had no fresh onions) - the taste without the tears - hello.
handful of chopped walnuts - more protein
handful of craisins - a little sweet for my chicken meat.  It was fun to add that in there and not worry about breaking some rule.

There are no measurements because I made it up and really everything is measured to the taste and texture you like.  I threw the first 5 ingredients in a food processor and chopped it up nice and fine then added a little more mayo ( it looked dry) and mixed in the walnuts and craisins.  Smeared it on some big romaine lettuce leaves and it was mighty tasty.

Jesus is so good to me.  I got to sing at Celebrate Recovery tonight before my friend Rachel gave her testimony.  The song she requested?  "Never Once" by Matt Redman...perfect for her story -- and mine.

"Never Once"

Standing on this mountaintop
Looking just how far we’ve come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Carried by Your constant grace
Held within Your perfect peace
Never once, no, we never walk alone

Every step we are breathing in Your grace
Evermore we’ll be breathing out Your praise
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful


No comments:

Post a Comment