About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New revelations

As I am "gently" adding things back into my diet, I am learning some things.  Primarily, I am learning that my life is changing from something very unhealthy to something fresh and life giving.  I have tried a few things, but my body isn't happy with some of them.  I think dairy is a big culprit.  Y'all know how I love me some cheese, but I'm realizing that it's going to have to be a rare treat and not an everyday occurrence.

I seem to do okay with wheat bread, but I am limiting myself there (1 slice a day) because bread is too easily a trigger.  I am choosing the healthier variety...whole grain, no secret unreadable ingredients or anything yucky.  It's not what I would've consumed before, but I knew when my 30 days were over, I would need to change my tastebuds for healthier options even when it comes to bread.

So as I learn, I listen to what God tells me and make plans for each day.  His ways are better.

With fall on the horizon, I already miss the loss of the fresh summer fruit and veggies, but I have put a few things in the freezer and look forward to soups and stews and all things pumpkin.  There's more than one way to eat a veggie....right?


No comments:

Post a Comment