About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 9

The worship team dinner went well tonight.  I made a baked chicken cacciatore and it turned out well.  I served it over pasta and threw some cheese on top for good measure.  I also made some roasted zucchini, and a big salad (sans cheese).  I was able to eat everything but the cheese and the pasta (I kept some of the chicken and veggies out for myself so I wouldn't have to worry about the no no's).  It took a long time to make everything, but I'm pleased that I was able to serve a healthy dish and people liked it. I love to cook and I'm enjoying that part of this thing - learning and making new dishes and not feeling like I'm sacrificing flavor or the enjoyment of it.

Here's the recipe for the chicken dish

boneless, skinless chicken breast (around 4 for a family of 5 like mine)
red, yellow, orange bell peppers (or whatever color you have;0)
1 onion
minced garlic (to taste)
EVOO
2 cans diced tomatoes (with juice)
1 can tomato paste
Italian spices

lay chicken out on a baking sheet
drizzle with olive oil
sprinkle with salt, pepper, and italian spices

Bake at 375 for 45 min to 1 hr until chicken is cooked through

While chicken is baking, sauté chopped onion, 1 tsp or so mince garlic in some olive oil
when onions are translucent, add chopped peppers and cook for about 10 min.

Add 2 cans tomatoes w/juice, 1 can tomato paste and then fill the paste can with water and add to mixture.  Add a palm full of italian spices and stir, then simmer for 20 min.

When Chicken is done, pull it out and smother it with the tomato goop.  You can also add some cheese on top (if you can eat cheese).

Serve over your favorite pasta or spaghetti squash

And now some food for your soul.  This is what I've been clinging to the last couple days:

"Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced.  Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do His will.  And I know that I will not be put to shame." Isaiah 50:7





No comments:

Post a Comment