About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 28

I just came home from a friend's house who has decided to do Whole30.  I made her a care package with some of my favorite Whole30 essentials.  It is exciting to be a part of someone's journey and to know that she's going to feel so much better physically, mentally and spiritually as she lets God lead her.  I can't wait to see what God does!

Last night, I was meeting with a young lady and going through the pieces of armor listed in Ephesians 6.  We identified each one and talked about what their purpose is....what body part(s) each protects.  I loved watching her "get it" and see lights come on that helped illuminate areas God is working on in her.

 Yay God!  Thank you for being the light that shines in darkness and exposes our rough places so we can be changed by your holy spirit. As painful as it was for God to expose my sin with food and to scrub my spirit with His, I am so grateful for even the painful moments.  Those moments when everything feels raw and I know I cannot make it without letting Him remove the junk from my heart.  It makes me think of a song I heard once about God's love like a river washing over...smoothing the rough edges of us.

 I had forgotten how beautiful the words are. So perfect for where I am right now.  I just want to be smoothed by the water of the holy spirit.  Rough edges gone.  Worn away by the pure water of Jesus.

Maybe you have some rough edges that need smoothing? Give a listen....

http://youtu.be/ihIkPXTpmjw





No comments:

Post a Comment