About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 14

"So teach us to number our days, that we may present to Thee a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

Number our days.  Not like how I'm numbering the days in this blog, day 1, day 2, day.... But number our days by making them count for something bigger than ourselves.   I am realizing that this journey is so not even about food - although that is the catalyst God is using to work on my heart.  I am learning that this is a journey about obedience, trust, and endurance.  I am understanding that doing this plan for 30 days will only have good result if at the end of it I can present a heart of wisdom and obedience to Jesus.  Otherwise, it's just another diet.  Just another eating plan to create a "life change."  It isn't the plan that creates the life change.  It is submission to the One who created my life to begin with.  It's not about bargaining, like, "I can have extra (insert food item here) and just not have as much later and it will all even out."  That may sound good and even wise on one hand, but on the other hand it's just saying, "Well, I really want more than I need of this stuff, but if I sin by being a glutton, I'll just pray (or starve myself, or exercise)  harder later to make up for it."  Ouch.

Part of why other plans/diets/life change projects/ have failed is that all that consumed my thoughts was food.  What I could eat.  How many calories/points/carbs/sugar grams  does THAT food have and can I mix this food with that food and not destroy what I've started.  I felt like it was a constant throbbing in my head and inevitably I would get to the saturation point and give up.  So how, you may ask, is this time different?  I'm still thinking about details...is this nitrate free? Was this made with soy or some hidden sugar I'm unaware of?   Now, however, those details are just that - details.  In my heart,  I am consumed with "am I honoring God with my body? Am I choosing and believing that God is my portion - my enough?"

I want to make my days count for Him. NO. I CHOOSE to make my days count for Him.  That means that whether I am helping someone walk through a difficult time, telling someone about Jesus, or exercising self-control in what and how much I eat, I choose to do it all I do while walking around in this body with this thought in mind:
"For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body." 1Corinthians 6:20

No comments:

Post a Comment