About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Day 22

You know how on The Biggest Loser they will sometimes lock contestants up in a room full of the fattening food they use to eat and then challenge them not to eat it....or they CAN eat it and try to win a 2 pound advantage based on how many calories they eat or some such nonsense?  Bob Harper always gets mad at his team members who choose to eat because they are sabotaging their hard work for something that is not guaranteed.

Tonight, I felt very much like I was in one of those rooms.  I spent 3 hours working in a football concession stand and handled soda, hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, chips, candy, you name it.  They even had Chick Fil A sandwiches--Have mercy!  Obviously, I was too busy to eat anything, but man I could smell it. Then, at the end when we were cleaning up, one of the other ladies said, "you can take a couple Chick Fil A sandwiches if you want.  There's a lot left over."  I had decided to take enough for my family but not myself, but the more I thought about it, I realized those sandwiches might not make it home.  I was very tired from working today then doing concessions tonight, and by the time we closed, I was really hungry.  I chose to not take those yummy things home - sorry family.  What you don't know won't hurt me.

So, I felt like I won that challenge (Bob would be proud).  Thank you Jesus for reminding me that nothing tastes as good as freedom feels.

"Your ears will hear a word behind you, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right or to the left." Isaiah 30:21

I am so grateful for God's guidance through this whole adventure.  He really does help me make decisions.  I could never do this on my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment