About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 18

Faced a new temptation tonight. My daughter and her girlfriends needed transportation to the movies and out for frozen yogurt, so I went along (chose my own movie though - I'm not crazy).  When we got to the yogurt place, I looked at all the options.  There were no concoctions I could have on this plan.  I was about to resign myself to only a bottled water when I noticed fresh fruit on the topping bar.  After asking the attendant if they did anything or added anything to their fruit and getting the assurance that it was just fresh cut up fruit, I took a yogurt cup and put in strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and pineapple and sat and enjoyed my fruit while the girls chattered on about this boy and that time when we said this funny thing...  Did I want yogurt?  heck to tha yeah.  The enemy has been working on me today as I baked things for my kids lunches for the week and worked in my kitchen basically all morning and part of the afternoon. But I am excited and grateful to Jesus that I did not even taste the cookie batter or snitch a chocolate chip or lick the pumpkin muffin batter bowl.   That was all Him because it was smelling good up in my house.  I ate chili with no beans for lunch and
  nitrate free turkey roll ups with some of my guacamole dressing on them.  yum!

I made (theclothesmakethegirl) beef curry for dinner and it was yummy.  Very filing and light on the curry, so I loved it.

That's all for tonight except to say Thank You Jesus for being so good to me.

1 comment:

  1. WOW ANG!!!! These are huge things!!! Celebrate!! YAY GOD! Keep going!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete