About Me

My photo
I was created to glorify God. Each day is a new opportunity to do that through the choices I make.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Winding down

We are winding down this 2nd round of Whole 30.  As I sit here tonight, I am feeling grateful for the education I am getting.  As I read recipes, research, blogs,  etc., I find the following to be true:

1.  There is no "perfect beat all, end all" way to lose weight.  For every article I have read about tried and true to brand spankin new trends, there are at least the same number refuting said methods.  What one "expert" believes to be totally healthy and life-giving, another "expert" finds fault with in favor of something different.  Even among my friends, there are differing opinions.

2.  I have a love/hate relationship with exercise but I know I need it.  Eating healthy is great but I simply do not get the same results without also exercising.  Plus, my metabolism at 48 is way different than it was at 28.  Go figure.

3.  The best eating plan is the one you will follow and can stick with as a part of your life.  There are lots of healthy eating plans out there.  They all work as long as you follow them.  Find the one that works for you and live it.

4.  I am more at peace when I am obedient to God's word.   Seriously y'all, I cannot stress this enough.  When I end the day knowing I gave God my best, it makes rest all the sweeter.  The fact is, because I am a follower of Christ, the choices I make are worship.  They show who I serve.  I want to make sure my life is a true reflection of who Jesus is.

So a few more days to go, then we'll see where God leads.  I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment